When you create a work order manually, the work order does not include any jobs, instructions, notes or categories.
Work orders can be created from the following pages:
To create a work order manually:
- Click The New Work Order window displays.
- Click Create a Manual Work Order.
The Work Order window displays.
- Specify the following details for the work order.
- Scheduled For — The date you want the work to start. You can click the icon to display the jobs calendar.
- Assigned To — The person you want to assign the work order to. If the work can be done by anyone on the cellar crew, leave this unassigned.
- Issued By — The person who is assigning the work.
- Category — The work order category provides a way for you to organize your work orders. A category can be anything that you’d find helpful (e.g., Additions, Contract Work, etc…). Categories can be color-coded to make them easier for you to recognize.
- Summary — A brief summary of the work you want done. If you leave the summary blank, vintrace will add a summary based on the type of work that you’re scheduling.
- Owner — The owner is automatically set if the work order is related to a single owner/client.
- Bond — The bond associated with the work order.
- Notes — You can enter any general instructions for the work order. You can also select one of the standard notes (i.e., pre-defined instructions) by clicking .
- Do the following for each job you want to add to the work order:
- Click Add Job.
- Select the type of job you want to add to the work order.
- Specify the details for the job.
- Click Add to Work Order.
- To save the work order as a Word document or PDF file that can be printed, click the heart icon beside Print Work Order on Save in the lower left.
You can specify the work order print template and file format by clicking the wrench icon. You can click Remember My Settings and vintrace will remember the selected template and file format for future work orders.
- Click Save As…
- Draft - you’re not ready for your staff to complete the work. The work order will be saved for the future.
- Ready - the work order is ready for your staff to complete.
To save the work order as a template, click Save As Template. Refer to our Creating a Template from Existing Work Order article to learn more.