To move wine between facilities, you’ll need to:
- Set up an In-Transit location.
- Create virtual tanks in the In-Transit location.
- Set up a transit product treatment.
- Record the wine’s movement.
Setting Up an In-Transit Location
You can set up an In-Transit location from the Winery Setup window (Setup Options > Infrastructure > Winery Building):
- Click Set Up in the sidebar.
- Click Locations.
- From the Winery Buildings tile, click Configure.
- Click New Winery Building. The Winery Building window displays.
- Specify the details for the location. Be sure to set its Building Type to Tank Farm.
- Click Save.
Creating Virtual Tanks in the In-Transit Location
After you’ve set up the In-Transit location, you’ll want to create virtual tanks that have their Winery Building set to the in-transit location.
Refer to our Setting Up a Tank article for details on adding a tank.
Setting Up a Transit Product Treatment
When it’s time to move the wine between facilities, you’ll use the Transfer operation. We recommend that you set up a new product treatment that indicates that the movement is a bulk dispatch. The new product treatment also allows you to capture information (e.g., truck, driver, compartment, and seal number) and makes it easier to report on these movements.
When setting up the product treatment, you’ll want to select the Change Product State checkbox and set it to In Transit.
Recording the Wine’s Movement
When you’re ready to dispatch the wine, you can use one vintrace’s transfer operations. You’ll want to make sure to do the following:
- Select the product treatment that you created.
- Select a tank that’s located in the in-transit location.
Printing a Bill of Lading
Even though the wine isn’t being dispatched using the Bulk Dispatch operation, you can still print a Bill of Lading. To print a bill of lading for the wine:
- View the wine’s product page.
- Click the reports icon.
- Select Bill of Lading.
You can assign a winery specific prefix to your bills of lading.
Receiving Bulk Wine
When the destination facility receives the wine, they can transfer the wine from the in-transit tank to the final receival tank. For documentation purposes, we recommend providing a copy of the original work order to the receiving winery.