You can set up new additives from the Winery Setup window (Setup Options > Production > Additives):
- Click Set Up in the sidebar.
- Click Winemaking.
- From the Additives tile, click Configure.
- Click New Additive. The Additive window displays.
- Specify the details for the new additive. Below are descriptions for some of the fields:
- Cause Treatment — You can link the additive to automatically start a treatment on the wine. Often this is used to link yeast with a Start Ferment treatment that automatically starts the ferment of a wine in vintrace.
- Allergen — If the additive contains a known allergen, select the Allergen checkbox. In the field beside the checkbox, enter the description of the allergen that you'd like displayed on the Label Integrity Statement.
- Linked Stock Item — If you have the Inventory module, you can track stock levels by specifying the item when you create the additive.
- Cost Item — If you’re tracking costing for this item independently from maintaining stock levels, you can specify the cost item that will be added to the wine’s cost when this additive is applied. Refer to our Managing Chemical Addition Costs article to learn more. For information on metric weightings, refer to our Setting Up Metric Weightings for Additions Calculator article.
- Click Save.
Users with a multi-winery license can specify which additives are available at each winery. Refer to our Configuration for Multi-Winery Support article for details.