When tracking bottled wine in cases, you may need to break one or more cases down into single bottles. For example, breaking down a case is quite common if you’re preparing a wine club shipment.
In order to break a case into bottles, you must have a Bill of Materials configured against your case stock item that includes a Single x1 Bottle as one of its components. Refer to our Bill of Materials article to learn more.
To break a case into bottles,
- Click Inventory in the sidebar.
- From the Operations menu, select Disassemble.
- From the Action Disassemble window, enter the following details:
- Stock Item — Click the to search for the case to break down.
- Quantity — Enter the quantity (in whole cases) to disassemble into single bottles.
- Route From — Click the to select where the stock items will be drawn from and then were to store it.
- Recover — The number of single bottles. Items left at 0 will be written off (e.g., the divider and box).
- Click Save.
After saving, you’ll be able to view the respective stock items to view the change in their stock levels. This should then allow you to record sales and dispatches on the bottles.