The Tax Breakdown Report shows the details for each declared wine or bottled product so that you can identify and correct issues. This report helps you reconcile issues to ensure that you’re reporting accurate data.
You can run the report for either federal- or state-based tax classes. The report generates a sheet for bulk wine and another sheet for bottle inventory. Each sheet lists the starting and ending volumes and any movements for the specified date range along with their corresponding section for the TTB Report.
Running the Tax Breakdown Report
To run the Tax Breakdown Report:
- Click Reports in the sidebar.
- Select Government Reports.
- Specify the filters and options for the report.
- Click Generate or Email.
Filters and Options
The following filters and options are available for the Tax Breakdown Report:
- Year — This defaults to the current calendar year, but you can change it if needed.
- Year Only/Monthly/Quarterly/Custom — Select the timeframe for the report. If you select Monthly, Quarterly, or Custom, be sure to specify the month, quarter, or date range.
- Bond — The bond that you want to generate the report for.
- Show Tax Classes As — Select Federal or State.
- Bulk Precision — The number of decimals to use for reporting gallons for bulk wines.
- Bottled Precision — The number of decimals to use for reporting gallons for bottled wines.
- Include Inactive Stock Items — Selected by default. If selected, you can report on bottled wines that have been dispatched, or any wine that’s been deactivated, but still needs to be recorded in the report.
- Tax Classes — Select the tax classes to include in the report.