When wines are put under tirage, the bins that are full of bottles are grouped together. This article details how you’d disgorge some of the bottles, while leaving the rest in tirage.
To do this, you’ll need to use the Tirage Admin. To access the Tirage Admin, you can click the Operations icon, then select Tirage Admin from the following:
From the Tirage Admin window, you’ll need to complete the following:
- Create a new bin group for the bottles to remain in tirage.
- Account for bottles to disgorge.
- Balance the split.
These steps are detailed below.
Creating a New Bin Group
In this part of the process, you’ll create a new bin group and specify the bottles that are to remain under tirage.
- From the Tirage Admin window, select the tirage group if it’s not already selected. Notice that the number of bottles in each bin is also displayed.
- You can manually specify the details for the new bin group, or copy the details of the selected tirage group. To copy the details of the selected tirage group, click Copy. The bins and the number of bottles in each are copied to the New Bin Group Details section.
- In the New Bin Group Details section, specify the bottles that are to remain under tirage. If you want to remove an entire bin, click the X icon the beside the bin. If you don’t want to remove the entire bin, you can enter the bottles that are to remain in tirage, then click the checkmark icon to recalculate the totals.
In the example above, the TIR2 tirage group has 2400 bottles. Of the 2400 bottles, we want to keep 1840 in tirage.
Accounting for Bottles to Disgorge
- From the Tirage Admin window, select the Split/Transfer tab.
- Select the Split to Another Tirage Group checkbox.
- If you’re not tracking individual bin numbers, click Quick Fill.
If you're tracking individual bin numbers, you’ll need to specify the bins that you want to use for the bottles that are to remain in tirage.
- In the Quick Fill window, specify the total number of bottles and the fill area, then click OK.
vintrace automatically fills out the bottle distribution using empty bins.
Balancing the Split
- From the Tirage Admin window, select the General tab.
- Click the calculator icon beside the Loss Volume.
- Confirm that the balance displayed at the bottom accounts for all bottles.
- Click Save.