The additives calculator determines how much of an additive is required to reach the desired metric level. It’s commonly used for KMBS or PMS, CUSO4, and a variety of other sulfur additions.
Before you can use the additives calculator, be sure do the following:
- Set up the metric.
- Set up the additive that you want to associate with the metric. In the example below, KMBS is the additive and Free SO2 is the metric. When selecting the additive’s metric, be sure to specify the weighting for the metric and select the rate of addition in the Rate Unit field.
The additives calculator is available with the Additions operation. There are a number of ways to access the Additions operation. You can click the Operations icon, then select Additive from the following:
- The Product page
- The Vessels page
- The Job Management page
To use the additives calculator:
- From the Metric list, select the metric you want to use in the calculation.
- If more than one additive uses the metric, select the additive from the Additive list.
- Enter the target rate.
- Enter the current rate if the metric hasn’t been tested or has been invalidated. and the desired rate.
vintrace calculates the difference between the current rate and the target rate. If you only enter the target rate, vintrace assumes you’re going from zero to your target and calculates a higher addition. Be sure to pay attention to this to prevent adding too much sulfur or copper.
- Click the that’s displayed beside the Required Amount field.
- Confirm that the amount looks correct.
- If you’d like to use the amount, click Use This Value to copy the value to the Amount field.