It’s not always possible to automatically capture charges such as administrative or paperwork fees as part of regular winery work. For these situations, you'll need to create billable items in vintrace that aren’t linked to any operation or action, then add them to a service order as detailed below.
To adding ad hoc billing charges to service orders:
- Click Set Up in the sidebar.
- Click Client Billing.
- From the Service Orders tile, click Configure.
- Click Add Charges beside the service order.
The Ad Hoc Charges window displays.
- In the Apply These Charges To section, select Wine Batch, Stock Item, or General Charge. If you selected Wine Batch or Stock Item, add the wine batch or stock item that you want to link the charge to.
- Add the billing item by either clicking to search for the billing item, or clicking to add a new billing item.
- For each billing item that you add, enter the reason for the charge in the Line Note field.
- Click Save.