You can adjust the cost of any wine or stock item at any time. More importantly, you can backdate a cost adjustment so it updates all blends, bottling, or other uses AFTER that date. This ripple forward effect is a unique and powerful feature of vintrace’s costing model.
To make an ad hoc cost adjustment:
- Use vintrace’s Quick Search to find the stock item or wine.
- Do one of the following:
- From the Product page, click , then select Costs.
- From the Stock Item Overview window’s Action menu, select Add Cost.
The Admin Add Cost window displays.
- To select an existing cost item, click beside the Cost Item field, or click to create a new cost item.
- Enter values in the Quantity and Unit Cost fields.
- Click to calculate the Subtotal.
- In the Note field, enter an explanation.
- Click Save.
Reducing the Cost of Wine
In order to reduce the cost of wine, you can simply apply a negative cost adjustment. To ensure the correct outcome, use the same cost item as the original. In these situations, we recommend always adding a note so that there’s a clear explanation for the price correction.
If you’re backdating any cost adjustments, remember that the effective date applies the cost as of that date.