When you’ve sold some of your barrels, or deemed them no longer fit for use, you can use a barrel treatment in vintrace to set them to inactive and prevent them from being used.
Creating a Barrel Treatment
To deactivate multiple barrels, you can create a barrel treatment. You can set up a barrel treatment from the Winery Setup window (Setup Options > Treatment > Treatment (Barrel)).
To set up a barrel treatment for deactivating barrels:
- Click Set Up in the sidebar.
- Click Treatments.
- From the Barrels Treatments tile, click Configure.
- Click New Barrel Treatments.
- In the Barrel Treatment Definition window, select the Deactivate Barrels When Used option.
TIP: If you need to create a barrel treatment to reactivate barrels, create a separate barrel treatment with the Reactivate Barrels When Used option selected.
Deactivating Barrels Using the Barrel Treatment
To apply the treatment that you created to your barrels you can either:
- Schedule it on a work order using the Treatment (Barrel) job.
- Select the Treatment (Barrel) operation and set the Treatment to the treatment that you created.
Whichever option you choose, you’ll need to select the barrels that you want to deactivate.
Reporting on Deactivated Barrels
You can report on deactivated barrels by using the Barrel Treatment Report and selecting the treatment that you created from the Barrel Treatment list.
- Click Reports in the sidebar.
- Select Operations.
- Scroll down to the Barrel Treatment Report.
- From the Barrel Treatment list, select the treatment that you added to deactivate barrels.