You can update the legacy scanner without docking it as long as it has an internet connection.
If you’re installing vintrace for the first time on the scanner, refer to our Installing vintrace on the Legacy Motorola Barcode Scanner article.
To update the legacy scanner:
- On the scanner, tap Start > Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to http://go.vintrace.net/legacyscanner.
- Download PistolGripCab.cab. Be sure to select the Open the File After Download checkbox.
- When prompted to remove the old version, click OK.
- If you’re prompted to select an installation directory, be sure the Device option is selected. This option should be selected by default.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Start > vintrace and log in to ensure that the version number matches the version you should be using.