Users with the Local vintrace Administrator permission can add, edit, and remove vintrace users.
System users are the individuals who will use vintrace to perform tasks and operations for your winery. All contacts - including system users - are managed in the vintrace Address Book.
Viewing System Users
To view your system users:
- Click More Options in the sidebar.
- From the Address Book tile, click Manage System Users.
If you’re already viewing the Address Book, you can also click Manage System Users.
- To view a specific user’s details, select the user.
The System Administrator account is only used by the vintrace support team.
Adding a System User
To add a system user:
- Add the user to your address book as a system user.
- Specify the details for the system user.
- Be sure to enter a username and password that the user will use to initially log into vintrace. The user will be able to change their password after they’ve logged in.
- At a minimum, we recommend that you assign the user with the Operator role so that work can be assigned to them.
- Select the appropriate permissions for the user.
If you use vintrace across multiple wineries, you’ll also need to configure the user for multiple facilities.
- Click Save.
The following roles can be assigned to system users.
|Lab technician||Includes the system user in dropdowns and searches for lab work.|
|Operator||Includes the system user in dropdowns and searches for operational work.|
|Wine Maker||Includes the system user in dropdowns and searches for winemaker operations.|
Configuring a User for Multiple Facilities
If you use vintrace across multiple facilities, you’ll also need to specify the following settings:
- Can Switch Between Winery Facilities (user permission) — If you want to allow the user to switch between different facilities, be sure to select the Can Switch Between Winery Facilities user permission.
- Default Winery — A user’s default winery is the facility that displays when they log into vintrace. Select the user’s default winery from the list.
Removing System Users
For information on removing a system user, refer to our Removing a Contact article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.