System users are the individuals who will use vintrace to perform tasks and operations for your winery. All contacts - including system users - are managed in the vintrace Address Book.
Viewing System Users
To view your system users:
- Click More Options in the sidebar.
- From the Address Book tile, click Manage System Users.
If you’re already viewing the Address Book, you can also click Manage System Users.
- To view a specific user’s details, select the user.
The System Administrator account is only used by the vintrace support team.
Adding a System User
To add a system user:
- Add the user to your address book as a system user.
- Specify the details for the system user.
- Be sure to enter a username and password that the user will use to initially log into vintrace. The user will be able to change their password after they’ve logged in.
- At a minimum, we recommend that you assign the user with the Operator role so that work can be assigned to them.
- Select the appropriate permissions for the user.
- Click Save.
The following roles can be assigned to system users.
|Includes the system user in dropdowns and searches for lab work.
|Includes the system user in dropdowns and searches for operational work.
|Includes the system user in dropdowns and searches for winemaker operations.
Configuring a User for Multiple Facilities
If you use vintrace across multiple facilities, you’ll also need to specify the following settings:
- Can Switch Between Winery Facilities (user permission) — If you want to allow the user to switch between different facilities, be sure to select the Can Switch Between Winery Facilities user permission.
- Default Winery — A user’s default winery is the facility that displays when they log into vintrace. Select the user’s default winery from the list.
Removing System Users
For information on removing a system user, refer to our Removing a Contact article.