The Production Job console shows a list of your upcoming Production Jobs. You can also calculate the required raw materials and create purchase orders from this console.
Accessing the Production Job Console
To access the Production Job console:
- Click More Options in the sidebar.
- From the Planning tile, click Production Jobs.
The Production Job console displays.
Filtering the Production Jobs Console
The left side of the console displays a filters panel that lets you control which productions jobs are listed.
You can filter the jobs by:
- Stock item
- Start date
- End date
To filter the production jobs:
- Specify the criteria for your filter. You can use the to search for existing values.
- Click Search.
You can remove all filters by clicking Reset.
Creating a New Production Job
To create a new production job:
- Click New Production Job. The [CREATE] Production Job window displays.
- Specify the following details for the production job:
- Name — A meaningful name for the production job.
- Start — The date the production job will begin.
- End — The date the production job will end.
- Click Add. A new line is added to the production job’s Expected Stock list.
- Enter the stock item and the number of units you expect to produce for the production job.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each stock item you want to add to the production job.
- Click Save.
Editing a Production Job
To edit an existing production job, click Edit.
Viewing the Materials for a Production Job
To view the materials required for a production job:
- Select the checkbox beside the production job.
- Click Required Materials.
The Required Materials window displays the materials for the production job. Items highlighted in green have the required amount of stock on hand. Items highlighted in red have insufficient stock for the production job.
Creating Purchase Orders
You can create purchase orders for any materials in your production job. To create a purchase order for a production job:
- View the materials for the production job.
- Select the materials that you want to create a purchase order for. If you want to create purchase orders for all materials that have insufficient stock, click Select All Materials We Require More Of.
- The Vendor will be automatically populated if you have a preferred vendor specified for the item. Otherwise, you’ll need to select the vendor for the item.
- Click Create Purchase Order(s).
A purchase order is created for each item and vendor selected. The purchase orders display in the Purchase Order console where you can manage them as needed.