The vintrace tank map provides a bird’s eye view for displaying and planning the layout of your tanks.
When you set up a tank map, vintrace displays a grid with the number of columns and rows that you specify.
You’ll also be able to specify what information you want displayed for the tanks that you add to the map.
You can set up multiple tank maps. You could even include the same tank in different tank maps so that you can display different information throughout the year or season. For example, you could create a tank map for fermentation that includes the tank’s brix, temperature, and pH.
For details on viewing and using a tank map, refer to our Viewing a Tank Map article.
Setting Up a Tank Map
To add a tank map:
- Click Tank Map from the sidebar.
- Click the add icon.
- Select New Tank Map.
The Tank Map window displays.
- Specify the following details for the tank map.
- What name do you want to give to this view? — The name of the tank map.
- How many tanks do you want to be able to see horizontally? — The number of columns to display in the tank map.
- How many tanks do you want to be able to see vertically? — The number of rows to display in the tank map.
- What starting zoom level do you want when viewing this tank map? — The default zoom level used to display the tank map.
- Select up to 5 details and 5 metrics that you want displayed for the tanks in this map.
Only measured metrics are available for display. Calculated and indeterminate metrics are not available.
- Click Next. A blank tank map displays a grid with the number of columns and rows that you specified.
- Search for the tanks that you want to include in the tank map by applying filters to find the vessels, and/or entering the vessel’s name.
- To find vessels by filtering their attributes (e.g., name, winery, location), click From Search. This displays the Vessel Search window. To include vessels in the tank map, select their rows, then click Use. To include all vessels from a search, click All.
- If you know the name of your vessel, enter its name in the Add Equipment field, then select it from the list.
The vessels that you selected display in the tank card deck that’s on the left side of the Tank Map window. A card displays for each vessel that you selected.
To remove a vessel from the tank card deck, click the X in the card’s upper right.
- Drag the vessel’s card from the tank card deck to the grid.
- Click Save.