The Crush/Press Loads feature is disabled by default. To have this feature enabled, contact support.
The Crush/Press Loads feature lets you manage the crush or press of multiple blocks of fruit within one load. The feature is ideal for white-dominant producers that manage presses with complicated blends. When Crush/Press Load is selected for an extraction work order ahead of the fruit coming in, vintrace prints and displays the blocks/fruit required for the load. You can also manage loads and report on planned vs. received bins from the Crush Loads console.
For example, a sparkling wine producer might want to crush 3t of Pinot Noir with 2t of Chardonnay in one load to create your base sparkling wine. You can create separate bookings for each block or blocks of fruit; that is, you could book the arrival of the Pinot Noir as one booking, then the Chardonnay as another. More importantly, you can link the two bookings to the same crush/press load.
When the Crush/Press Loads feature is enabled, you can designate the crush/press loads that the fruit is destined for when you create a booking. You can designate all of the fruit delivery to a single crush/press load, or across multiple. You may need to have multiple designations if you receive 11t of fruit, but your press can only hold 5t at a time.
When you create a new booking, the Create Scale Booking window includes a Crush/Press Loads tab.
To specify a crush/press load for the booking, click Add Line. You can search for an existing crush/press load, or add a new one.
To access the Crush/Press Loads console:
- Click More Options in the sidebar.
- From the Harvest tile, click Crush/Press Loads.
The Crush/Press Loads Console displays.
From the Crush/Press Loads console you can create a crush/press load, or update an existing one.
Below are descriptions for the fields in the Create Crush/Press Load window:
- Crush/Press Load - The system can automatically generate an code for the load number. To configure an automatic naming/numbering convention, contact support.
- Crusher or Press - Select the crusher or press for this load.
- Date - The date for the load. This defaults to the same date as the linked booking.
- Instruction - Brief instructions that display on the Extraction Cellar note/work order. For example, “Heavy press to T11, Free run to OF2.” or something as simple as, “See winemaker before start.” It’s up to you how you use this field.