Accessing the Bulk Intake Window
There are a number of ways to access the Bulk Intake operation. You can click the Operations icon, then select Bulk Intake from the following:
You can also add a Bulk Intake job to a work order.
The Bulk Intake window has the following tabs:
The General tab includes several sub-tabs:
- Delivery Details — Information about the delivery, including its purchase order.
- Wine Details — The wine’s batch, fraction type, ferment state, and type.
- Vessels — Information about the wine’s vessel and batch.
- Tiraged — If you have the Sparkling module and the wine comes tiraged, you can specify the cages and bins for the wine.
- Composition — Block information for the wine and its percentage of the composition. To calculate the import composition, click Calculate.
- Costing & Labs — If you’re using the Inventory module, or have costing enabled without the Inventory module, you can enter the cost and freight information in the Costing & Labs tab. vintrace will track the bulk wine’s cost as it moves into blends.
US customers must select a Tax State and Tax Class so that vintrace can correctly report the bulk wine intake on your TTB Compliance report. If you bring the wine in undeclared, the delivery will NOT appear in Section A. Instead, the volume will be added to Part VII - IN FERMENTERS END OF PERIOD (Gallons).
If you’ve been given analysis data, you can enter it in the Costing & Labs sub-tab.
- Additive Summary — If you’ve been given the wine’s rate of addition, you can enter it in the Additive Summary sub-tab. This is important as it tells vintrace the starting point for additions. As you make your own additions to the wine, vintrace will use this as a base when calculating the total additions on wines that you produce from this bulk wine.
You can enter notes, or click the to include a standard note with the bulk intake. Any notes that you add will be permanently saved with the intake. The cellar can enter information about the delivery in the Operator Notes field.
In the Documents tab you can attach files such as the original BOL that was sent with the wine. These will be permanently saved with the intake.
Schedule Details Tab
You can record how long the job took to complete in the Schedule Details tab.
Please sign in to leave a comment.