Under US law, clients who make wine at your facility under bond can be set up as an Alternating Proprietorship (AP02). Because your client will be operating as a winery within a winery, the AP02 bond will always take precedence over your bond.
To add a client's AP02 bond number to vintrace:
- Add the client to your address book as an organization.
- When setting up the client, you may want to prefix the name of Alternating Proprietorships with AP so that you can distinguish it from other owners.
- Select the Owner role, then click Edit beside it.
The Configure Owner Settings window displays.
- Select the AP Owner checkbox.
- Click the add icon displayed beside the Bond field.
The TTB Bond Info window displays.
- Enter the details for the bond, including its registered name and bond number, then click Save.
- Click OK to close the Configure Owner Settings window.
- Click Save to save the client’s information.
After you’ve saved the client’s bond information, you can start using the AP bond.
If your client has bulk wine that needs to be transferred to a new AP02, refer to our Transferring Wines Between Bonds (US) article for details.