Weigh scale integration is only available to customers outside of the United States.
vintrace can read weight output that’s generated from network-attached scales. This allows operators to record weights in real time from the vintrace web application and vintrace mobile app.
The following devices work with vintrace with minimal configuration:
- Avery 12XX series
- Avery ZMXX series
- Cardinal Storm 2XX
- Mettler Toledo IND266
- Mettler Toledo IND5xx and IND7xx series
- Rinstrum 3XX and 4XX series
vintrace might be able to support other devices that provide consistent and continuous output via a TCP socket connection. If you’re unsure whether your device will work, contact vintrace Support.
Preparing for Integration
In order to integrate your weigh scale with vintrace, you’ll need to complete the following. Contact vintrace Support if you need assistance.
- Determine your weigh scale’s make and model. We recommend having the contact information for your vendor’s technical contacts in the event that we need to reach them.
- Determine the TCP port that’s used by your scale to communicate. For example, Rinstrum units communicate on TCP port 2223. Contact your vendor if you need help determining the TCP port.
- Ask someone from your IT team to forward the port on your firewall and to provide you with a public IP address that vintrace can communicate with. To ensure security, vintrace will provide you with an IP address so that you can restrict access.
Submitting a Request
Submit a request to vintrace Support with the following information:
- Your weigh scale’s make and model.
- The public IP address and TCP port that we should use for communication.
- Contact information for your IT team and vendor.
Once we receive your request, we’ll provide you with an IP address that your IT team can use in your firewall’s rules. We’ll then set up the integration and will contact you when it’s been completed, or if we need additional information.
Using Weigh Scale Integration
After your weigh scale is integrated with vintrace, a scale icon displays in the Intake Details window when you receive fruit.
Click the scale icon to populate the field with the weight on the scale.
Please sign in to leave a comment.