From the Setup Page
You can edit stock items from the Winery Setup window (Setup Options > General Stock Items and Setup Options > Wine Stock Items).
To edit a stock item from the Winery Setup window:
- Click Set Up in the sidebar.
- In the Search field, enter the item you want to update.
From the Stock Item Overview Window
To edit stock items from the Stock Item Overview window:
- Click Inventory from the sidebar.
- From the Stock Search window, search for the item you want to update.
- Click the item you want to update.
- Click the to edit the item.
Changing an Item’s Unit or Tax Class
Most of the updates made to a stock item are to its stock code, name, description, and category. These fields are available on the Sales tab and can be edited if the item’s Sell This Item checkbox is selected.
However, the item’s unit or tax class are on the General tab and cannot be changed by default.
In order to change either of these values, you’ll need to make a copy of the existing item, then re-add the item with the correct unit or tax class.
To do this:
- Edit the stock item.
- Rename the item. You can do this by adding Inactive to the end of its name.
- Select the Inactive checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Create a new item with the correct unit or tax class.