Vintrace uses a structure of growers, vineyards, and blocks to track your fruit sources. A particular grower can have multiple vineyards set up within the system, and each vineyard contains a selection of blocks.
NOTE: Updating a block’s name will update all historic fruit intakes on the block and show on composition details on existing wines. If you’re updating a block to correct the region/sub AVA on a wine, ensure you’re updating past fruit intake data to allow these details to flow through.
To edit a block:
- Click More Options from the sidebar.
- From the Harvest tile, click Block Overview.
- Search for the block that you want to update.
- Click the block.
- To update the block’s details or correct a block’s vineyard, select the Block Details tab and click the pencil icon.
To update a vineyard or grower’s details, select the Vineyard/Grower tab then click the pencil icon.
You can also update the details for multiple blocks and vineyards using a spreadsheet. To do this you’ll export a CSV file from vintrace, update the file, then upload it back to vintrace.
NOTE: Updating your blocks with the CSV file will overwrite your block’s existing details with the details provided in the spreadsheet.
To update a block or vineyards details using a CSV file:
- Export a CSV file of your blocks from the Winery Setup window and selecting Setup Options > Production > Fruit Sources. From the Import/Export Block list, select one of the Export options.
- Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet editor and update the details. Be sure to save the file after making your changes. Do not edit the vinx2 ID field
- Upload the CSV file by selecting one of the Import options from the Import/Export Block list.