Before you add a case stock item, you’ll want to set up your single bottle stock item. You can set up a case stock item prior to bottling, or at the time of bottling.
Setting Up Prior to Bottling
If you want to set up the case stock item prior to bottling, you can either:
- Click Inventory in the sidebar, then click New Item.
- Click Set Up in the sidebar, click Wine Items, then click Configure in the Case x12 Items tile. If your case contains a different number of bottles, click Configure in the appropriate tile.
Next, follow the steps below.
Setting Up During Bottling
If you want to set up the case stock item at the time of bottling, click the beside the Stock Item field in the Packaging window.
Next, follow the steps below. If you add your case stock item during bottling, the new stock item will be automatically used in the Packaging window.
Adding a Case Stock Item
To set up your case stock item:
- From the Stock Type list, select Case x12 (or the appropriate option if your case contains something other than 12 bottles).
- Specify the details for the case. Be sure to enter a stock code that differentiates the case from the single bottle. For example, the stock code for a 12-bottle case might be 11vintrace RED/CS/750/X12.
- Create the Bill of Materials for the case. The Bill of Materials will include your single bottle stock item. You can also include a carton and insert for the case.
- Click Save.
Users with a multi-winery license can specify which stock items are available at each winery. Refer to our Configuration for Multi-Winery Support article for details.
Please sign in to leave a comment.