Types of Contacts
There are four types of contacts that you can add to your Address Book:
- Individual — A person that can be assigned as a lab tech, operator, or winemaker. Unlike system users, individuals cannot log into vintrace.
- Organization — A company that can be assigned as a carrier, cooper, customer, distributor, grower, harvester, laboratory, owner, or vendor.
- Owner Login — A person associated with an owner organization. Owner logins can view or run reports on their wines. Owner logins can only view data in vintrace.
- System User — A person who can be assigned as a lab tech, operator, or winemaker. Unlike an individual, a system user can log into vintrace to perform tasks that are based on the permissions that they’re granted.
For information on setting up Alternating Proprietorships (AP users), refer to our Setting Up AP02 Licenses article.
Setting Up a Contact
To add a contact to the address book:
- Click More Options in the sidebar.
- From the Address Book tile, click Open Address Book.
- From the Add menu in the lower left, select the type of contact you want to add.
- Specify the details for the contact.
- Click Save.