The steps for requesting lab analysis and viewing the lab results detailed below apply to Baker's, ChemWell, ETS, OeonFoss, and Winescan. For details on integrating vintrace with these labs, refer to our Configuring Lab Integration article.
Requesting Lab Analysis
If you tend to request the same analysis from a lab, you may want to consider setting up an analysis template for the lab so that the panels that you’ll be requesting are pre-selected when you use the analysis template.
To request lab work:
- Click Vessels in the sidebar.
- Search for the vessel(s) for which you want to request lab work.
- Select the checkbox beside the vessel(s). To select all vessels listed, select the checkbox beside the left-most column heading.
- From the Actions menu in the lower left, select Lab Work.
The Request a Lab Sample/Analysis window displays.
- Specify the details for the lab request.
- Laboratory — Select the correct lab from the Laboratory list.
- Analysis Template — If you've created an analysis template, select it from the list. The metrics specified in the analysis template will be automatically selected.
- Metrics — If you didn't select an analysis template, select the metrics that you want tested.
- Print Labels — Select the Print Labels checkbox.
- Click OK.
The label for the lab request displays.
To re-print a label for a specific batch, expand the View menu beside the batch, then select Print Labels.
To re-print labels for all batches on the page, select the Lab Labels menu from the bottom of the window and select the desired option.
Viewing Lab Results
To check the results of a lab request:
- Click Lab in the sidebar.
- From the Lab list, select the name of the laboratory.
- Click Check Results.
The analysis metrics data displays. You can export the lab results to a CSV file if needed.
If there aren’t any records to process, the following error displays: The data returned from [lab name] did not match any ids of current outstanding lab requests generated in vintrace.