When you’re ready to fill your barrels to fermentation height, you can create a new barrel group by using the Multi Transfer (One-to-Many), or Transfer to Barrel Group operations. If you use the latter, you may need to select the Transfer to Barrel Group sub-tab in the Racking window.
To create the barrel group that you want to fill to fermentation height:
- Click the Plus beside the vessel field.
Do NOT click Add Line. You’d only click Add Line if you also wanted to transfer wine into a tank.
The Barrel Group window displays.
- Select the area of the winery where you’ll be storing the barrels.
- Do any of the following:
- To search for specific barrels, click Search. From the Search for Barrels window, search for the barrels that you want to include in the barrel group. You can apply a filter to only display empty barrels.
- To paste a list of barrels you want to fill, click List. In the Barrel Code List window, enter each barrel’s code. Each barrel code should be entered on a separate line.
- If you only have a handful of barrels and want to enter the barrel codes manually, click Add Line.
- Select the I Know the Volume of Wine option.
- In the New Amount field, enter the wine volume.
- Select the Select All checkbox.
- From the Set as Full list, select Set as Partial (Remaining).
- Click Apportion Partial. vintrace determines how much will be added to each barrel using the new amount that you entered. In our example, the new amount is 550 gallons and the barrel group that we created includes 10 barrels. Each barrel will be filled with 55 gallons.
- Click Save.