You can refine what’s displayed on the Vessels page by using a saved search, creating a new filter, or applying a filter to a displayed column. Any saved search can be pinned to the Dashboard for easy access.
A saved search is when you create a filter and give it a name. This enables you to apply the filter to the page without having to re-specify the filter columns and values. It's particularly helpful for filters that you use often. For example, you might want to add a saved search for a filter that displays wines in a certain product state.
Saved searches display at the top of the Vessels page.
You can also pin a saved search to the Dashboard for easy access.
Creating a New Filter
To create a new filter on the Vessels page:
- Click the at the top of the page.
- Click Add a Filter.
- Select the column to which you'd like to apply a filter. You can filter the list of columns displayed by entering the characters below the Name column heading. In the example below, entering "ow" returns all column names that include. "ow".
- Click the down arrow in the Values column and select the values that you want to include for the filter. The number of values you've selected displays in the Values column.
- You can add filters to additional columns by clicking Add a Filter. To remove a filter, click the X in the Action column of the filter.
- To apply the filter to the Vessels page, click Apply. The icon on the Vessels page displays to indicate that a filter has been applied. You can click the icon to change the filters, or save the filter for future use. To save the filter for future use, click Save. The filter will be included in the list of filters in the Use a Saved Search list.
Filtering Displayed Columns
You can also apply a filter to any column displayed on the Vessels page.
To change the columns displayed or their order, refer to our Customizing the Vessels Page article.
To filter a displayed column:
- Click the beside the column header.
- Specify the values you want to include in the filter.
- Click the checkmark.
The column header of filtered columns display in different color and the icon at the top of the Vessels page displays to indicate that a filter has been applied.
You can click the to change the filters, or save the filter for future use. Saved filters are included in the list of filters in the Use a Saved Search list.
Pinning a Saved Search to the Dashboard
To pin a saved search to the My Searches dashlet on the Dashboard, click the heart in the Search Filters window. The icon changes to a to indicate that the search has been pinned to the Dashboard.