Product treatments are actions that you perform on a wine that don’t change the wine, but that you want to track. Examples include:
- Cross flow, or DE filtration
- Drain and return
- Heating the tank
- Stirring barrels
If you’re using vintrace for costing, you can include the cost for performing the treatment.
Setting Up a Product Treatment
You can add a product treatment from the Winery Setup window (Setup Options > Treatments > Treatment (Product)):
To add a product treatment:
- Click Set Up in the sidebar.
- Click Treatments.
- From the Product Treatments tile, click Configure.
- Click New Product Treatments.
- Specify the details for the product treatment.
You can automatically change a wine's product state when the product treatment is used by selecting the product state from the list. For example, the Filter - Cross Flow product treatment can be used to change the wine's product state to Finish Filtered.
- Click Save.