If you want to declare wines by product treatment, you'll first need to create a product treatment for each tax class and reason. When you’re ready to record this treatment on a wine that you want to declare, you can declare a single wine, or multiple wines.
Creating a Product Treatment
If you want to declare wines by product treatment, you’ll need to create a product treatment for each tax class and reason. For the typical winery, most still wines will use the Not Over 16% and 16%-21% classes.
When you set up the product treatment, be sure to select the Change Tax Class checkbox. You’ll also need to select the tax class and the reason for the change. The most common reason is Produced by Fermentation.
Declaring a Single Wine
If you're declaring a single wine:
- From the Vessels page, view the wine.
- Click the operations icon.
- Select Treatment (Product) under Treatments.
The Treatment (Product) window displays.
- From the Treatment list, select the product treatment you created.
Declaring Multiple Wines
If you're declaring multiple wines:
- From the Vessels page, select the wines.
- From the Actions menu that’s located in the lower left, select Work Order > Treatment (Product).
The Additional Information Required for Treatment window displays.
- From the Treatment list, select the product treatment that you created.
- Click OK and save the work order.