Refer to our Managing Growers article for details on setting up a grower.
The cost of fruit coming into the winery can be tracked with or without grower contracts.
Grower contracts will automatically be assigned to fruit on delivery; the contract with the highest number of matching properties is selected.
Any contracts that have contradictory properties will not be selected. For example, if the vineyard on the fruit and a contract don't match, the contract is not considered for that delivery. Alternatively a contract can be manually assigned on booking, or delivery.
By default a contract will assign a dollar per ton cost to the fruit, this method multiplies the configured price per ton (tonne) by the fruit received. If value ranges are configured (e.g., brix ranges) that may increase or decrease the default price per ton (tonne).
To create a grower contract:
- Click More Options in the sidebar.
- From the Accounts tile, click Manage Grower Contracts.
The Grower Contract Console displays.
- From the New menu located in the lower left, select Contract.
The Grower Contract Create window displays.
- Specify the details for the contract in the Details and Value Rules tabs. The Details tab contains fields for providing the contract details. The Value Rules tab contains fields for setting up adjusted costs.
- Click Save.
Grower Contract Window
The Defer Payment, No. of Installments, and Payment Status fields are only displayed if the Defer Payment checkbox is selected.
- Default Price — The base price per ton/area.
- Contracted (T) — The expected tonnage of fruit for the contract.
- Expected Cost — An expected cost based off the default price and contract amount. You can use this value to compare to the actual cost of the contract at the end of harvest.
- Defer Payment — Determines whether costs are tracked by payments against the grower contract.
- No. of Installments — The number of payment installments the contract is split into.
- Payment Status — Either Complete or In Progress. When the last payment is made, the status changes to Complete. You can filter by this field in the Grower Contract Console to track contracts that aren’t complete.
Refer to our Managing Grower Contract Payments and Fruit Costs article to learn more about making an installment on a grower contract.
Value Rules Tab
This tab contains the metric value rules. You can set up grading categories in the Winery Setup under Setup Options > Work-Flow > Grading Scales. When this grading is applied on each fruit intake, the allocated price will be loaded against the fruit.
If deferred payments are enabled, the Value Rules Tab also displays a Metric Value Rules section where you can define metric threshold policies. For example, a brix reading between 18-22 adds a bonus cost of 10%.
This tab shows a list of fruit intakes and bookings that use the grower contract.
The Installments tab displays if the Defer Payments setting is enabled for the contract. The tab displays installments that have been made as well as any future installments.
You can make a new installment by clicking Make Installment.