BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- If you have a multi-winery vintrace license, be sure that you’ve switched to the winery that you’re bottling at. Be sure that you’re NOT in All Winery Mode.
- If you’re using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software such as Business Central, SAP, or JDE, you’ll want to complete the bottling in the ERP and in vintrace on the same day.
These instructions are for users who:
- Have vintrace’s Inventory module, but don’t want to use vintrace’s packaging features.
- Are using accounting software to track packaging (ERP) such as Business Central, SAP, and JDE.
Creating a Work Order
If you want to schedule your bottling for date and/or time in the future, we recommend creating a work order.
To complete your bottling using a work order:
- Create a work order. We recommend selecting the Bottling note indicator. The selected note indicators display below the barcode on the printed work order; they provide a way to quickly summarize and identify the work order’s purpose.
- Before adding the bottling jobs to the work order, you may want to add an Analysis job. If you’ve set up an analysis template with the metrics that you want measured prior to bottling, you can select that template here and vintrace will add the metrics from the template.
When you add the analysis job to the work order, you don’t have to enter the lab results before completing the bottling.
- Add a Bulk Dispatch job to the work order with the following details:
- Select the Bottling dispatch type.
- Select the vessel/batch.
- Specify the amount you plan to bottle in the vessel/batch’s Out field.
- In the Details field, enter the number for the bottling from your ERP.
If you don't have the Inventory module, additional Bottling dispatch types are available.
- Bottling - Removed Tax Paid - This shows as bottled on your TTB report; the bottled wine shows as removed tax paid as soon as possible.
- Bottling - Transferred in Bond - This shows on your TTB report that you bottled the wine and shipped it off your bond as soon as possible.
- If you’re bottling multiple bottle sizes (e.g., 750ml and 1.5L), add a separate bulk dispatch job for each bottle size.
- Save the work order as Ready.
- When you complete the work order’s bulk dispatch job, enter the amount bottled from Business Central.
Another option for recording your bottling is to use vintrace’s operations.
- View the wine’s details.
- Be sure that the wine has been declared. You can declare a wine by clicking the building icon in the Tax Class tile.
- Click the operations icon and select Analysis.
- Specify the details for the analysis.
When you record the analysis as an operation, you’ll have to specify the lab results.
- Click the operations icon and select Bulk Dispatch..
- Specify the details for the bulk dispatch. By default, the Proportional Allocation option is selected. This option auto calculates the fulfilled amount of allocated and unallocated volume according to their ration. You can change the allocation option by clicking Proportional Allocation, then selecting the option you prefer.