Available starting with vintrace 9.4.1.
This report is not available by default. If you’re interested in using it, contact support to have it enabled for your account. The Ferment Detail Report is only available to US customers.
The Ferment Detail Report is specific to US customers and provides information on the declared volume for alcoholic fermentation. The report includes the ferment state so that you can identify the liquids that haven’t finished fermentation. It also includes liquids on any vessels including tirage groups and tankers. If a barrel is not in a barrel group, the individual barrel will be shown.
In our first example, suppose wine is declared on 9/1/2022.
The Ferment Detail Report’s output for that day will show the following.
For the next example, suppose alcoholic fermentation of a liquid began on 10/2/2022.
Below is the Ferment Detail Report on the liquid prior to any analysis.
An analysis is done on 10/7/2022 using the Alcohol & Temp analysis template.
The metrics returned for alcohol and temperature are 5 and 10 respectively.
On 10/8/2022, a second analysis is done using the same template.
This analysis returns 6 and 15 for the liquid’s alcohol and temperature.
On 10/14/2022, a third analysis is done using the same template.
The analysis on 10/14/2022 returns 7 and 20 for the liquid’s alcohol and temperatures. Note that because this analysis is outside the declared date of 10/10/2022, it will not be included in the average computation.
In this example, the liquid has a ferment state of Fermented and Declared. Alcoholic fermentation ended on 10/15/2022
In this example, the average temperature for the vessel and the batch will be calculated between the ferment start date and the ferment stop date.
Running the Ferment Detail Report
To run the Ferment Detail Report:
- Click Reports in the sidebar.
- Select Air Compliance.
- Specify the filters and options for the report.
- Click Generate or Email.
Filters and Options
- From – The first date to include in the report. This defaults to the previous month.
- To – The last date to include in the report. This defaults to the previous month.
- Winery – The winery to run the report for.
- Analysis Template - The analysis template used for the report. The selected analysis template controls the metrics that are included in the report’s output. To specify a default analysis template for this report, click the heart icon.
Article is closed for comments.