You can set up an equipment treatment to add and remove staves from your tanks. When you create a work order, you'll be able to select the equipment treatment so that your tank's accurately reflect whether they contain staves.
Setting Up Equipment Treatments for Staves
The stave options in the Equipment Treatment Definition window are available starting with vintrace 9.4.2.
From the Equipment Treatment Definition window, you’ll want to select the stave option:
- Add staves - Marks the tank as containing staves (i.e., selects the tank’s Contains Staves checkbox).
- Remove staves - Marks the tank as not containing staves (i.e., de-selects the tank’s Contains Staves checkbox).
- Leave staves state unchanged - Leaves the tank’s Contain Staves attribute unchanged.
Creating a Work Order to Add or Remove Staves
To create a work order to add or remove staves from a tank:
- Create a work order. When you get to the step to add a job to the work order, follow the steps below.
- From the Work Order window click Add Job.
- Select Treatment (Equipment). The Treatment (Equipment) window displays.
- From the Treatment list, select the Add Staves or Remove Staves equipment treatment that you created.
If any of the tanks that you selected does not allow for staves (i.e., its Allow Staves checkbox is unchecked), vintrace displays the following warning:
The tank does not allow staves to be applied via the equipment treatment. Do you want to apply the product treatment to the tank anyway?
To add staves to the listed tanks, click OK.
Article is closed for comments.