This functionality is available starting with vintrace 9.4.2, but not enabled by default. If you would like to use this functionality, please contact our support team.
A dispatched wine or product’s costs (with the exception of the labs and additives costs) can be copied during a bulk intake. This might be useful in situations where your winery dispatches wine for bottling, but brings the bottled wine back and dumps it to bulk.
To do this, you’ll need to record either a Bulk Dispatch or Bulk Dispatch (Inter-Winery) operation. To copy the cost of a dispatched wine or product:
- From the Bulk Intake window (General tab, Delivery Details sub-tab), click Search Records.
- From the Search For window:
- Select Dispatch.
- Enter the BOL number.
- Click Search.
- To copy the costs, select the Include Cost at Dispatch checkbox.
In addition to the costs, the selected wine or product’s information will be used to populate the fields in the Wine Details, Composition, and Costing & Labs tabs.
- To edit individual costs, select the Costing & Labs tab.
- Click Edit in the Cost Details
- Specify the cost in the Add/Edit Bulk Wine Costs window.
- The bulk wine cost of the bulk intake will equal the bulk wine cost specified in the Add/Edit Bulk Wine Costs window.
- The freight costs of the bulk intake will be the combined total of the freight cost specified in the Add/Edit Bulk Wine Costs window and the historical costs specified in the Costing & Labs tab.
- The specified costs will be included in the Bulk Stock Receipt Report.
- Click Save.