This functionality is available starting with vintrace 9.4.3, but not enabled by default. If you would like to use this functionality, please contact our support team.
Be sure to complete the configuration steps for a Distilled Spirits Plant (DSP) before starting this workflow.
To move distilling material (e.g., wine not suitable for packaging, lees, filter wash, other residues) in Part VI from the bonded winery to a DSP bond, the dispatching winery should record a bulk dispatch (inter-winery) operation. When recording the bulk dispatch (inter-winery):
- Select a vessel that has material in the Part VI tax class.
- Select a dispatch type that has its Part VI item set to Removed to Distilled Spirits Plant.
- Select an in-transit DSP tanker for the destination vessel. This tanker must be in an in-transit winery that’s also set up as a DSP bond.
The receiving winery should record a one-to-many or many-to-one transfer operation. When recording the transfer:
- The source vessel for the transfer is the in-transit DSP tanker.
- The destination vessel should be one that’s in the DSP bond and in the Production account.
- The resulting tax class is a distilling material DSP tax class.
- Depending on the product treatment selected, you may need to specify the alcohol metric.
The receival of the distilling material will be tracked in Part VI of the TTB F 5110.40 Monthly Report of Production Operations.