This functionality is available starting with vintrace 9.4.3, but not enabled by default. If you would like to use this functionality, please contact our support team.
Be sure to complete the configuration steps for a Distilled Spirits Plant (DSP) before starting this workflow.
After the aromas have been removed from the wine and you’re ready to produce the low-alcohol wine and spirits, record a one-to-many transfer.
When recording the transfer:
- Select a source vessel in the Production account for the Wine (Column l) tax class that has had the aromas removed.
- Be sure to select empty destination vessel(s) in the storage - domestic account.
- At least one of the destination vessels will be for the spirits in the Column i or j tax class.
- The other destination vessel(s) will be for the low-alcohol wine in the Wine (Column l) tax class.
- Be sure to record the alcohol percentage for the low-alcohol wine.
Both the spirits and low-alcohol wine produced will be moved to the storage - domestic account. The DSP tax events will be included in the TTB Monthly Report of Production Operations and the Monthly Report of Storage Operations.